Start by unzipping the kit bag fully and laying it out flat.
Leaves and leaf bags
– Place the leaves, pens and action cards in the leaf bags (we tend to put all of the leaves of any one colour into one leaf bag)
– The leaf bags should be secured on the side of the bag with Velcro strips, using the Velcro on the back of the bags to attach to the main kit bag.
– Line up the bottom of the leaf bags with the kit bag hinge
If you are packing more than one kit and the bits are mixed up, you can either divide them roughly or weigh the leaves to divide them between the kits. 240 leaves weights approximately 300 grams loose and 200 comments cards weigh approximately 200 grams loose.
– It is a good idea to check if the felts are clean and ready for use again before packing them. These hints will help you position the pieces to avoid creasing.
– Place the branch ovals on top of the branches, making sure you put them towards the centre of the felt, inside the lines where the felt will be folded, so they won’t get creased when packed
– Before folding the felt workspace, remove the centrepiece and place it to the side (If you leave it in the centre, you can’t fold the felt)
– Fold the felts in half twice, along the cut-out slits
– Fold in half one more time, so that the felts will fit in the kit bag
– Spare branches and ovals can go on the back of the felt
– Return the icons to the 3 icon holders. There are five icons per row.
– Use the divider pockets to pack the small felt elements (e.g. icon holders and Ketso planners, Mini Ketso and other loose bits such as wash bags)
– Place the divider pockets on top of the felts
– Secure the divider pockets on top of the felts with the wooden toggles on the side of the kit bag